Do you have experience in working with young children and a passion for developing their enterprise skills?
We have an exciting opportunity to work with an innovative enterprise education business based in Swansea.
2B Enterprising creates and delivers enterprise resources into primary schools – supported by local businesses, to ensure we are creating the next generation of ambitious, enterprising, confident, and ethical citizens.
Working as part of a small team, we need a range of people ready to lead our programme in primary schools across the UK. Predominantly South Wales and Southwest England.
- To introduce and explain the Bumbles of Honeywood programme to both the Business Partner and staff in Primary schools.
- Ensure the Business Partner is welcomed at the school and the teachers understand how the programme is being funded.
- Familiarise yourselves with the Business partner’s company before meeting them.
- Lead workshops in Primary schools (approx. 45 min session to classes of up to 40 children).
- Read stories from the Bumbles programme to the children in an exciting, engaging way.
- Display effective classroom management within a range of learning abilities.
- Arrange for teaching staff to take photos of the workshops, or where available use the company iPad to take pictures of workshop and business partner for social media purposes.
- Engage and communicate with the school to arrange dates for follow up sessions and discuss any issues or questions.
- Gather feedback from schools on ways the programme can be improved.
- Complete workshop forms after the activity gathering information from the session.
- Manage your own diary by booking in the next school visits and communicating with the operations team.
- Willingness to travel between schools and undertake multiple delivery sessions per day.
- Positively represent 2B Enterprising in the schools in a professional manner.
- Collect and replenish resources from the main office in Swansea. (Other arrangements will be made depending on location)
- Attend any training meetings either via teams or face to face.
Qualifications and experience:
You will need the following:
- Teaching qualification or experience working with young children.
- Any relevant classroom experience.
- Full UK driver licence (insurance for business purposes necessary).
- Passion for working with young people and able to see the benefit of enterprise education.
- Positive attitude towards teaching and inspiring others.
You will be home based, travelling to schools across the UK, predominantly in South Wales, South West of England including Bristol and London. There will be an occasional requirement to travel to Honeywood HQ in Swansea for team meetings.
Desirable Personal Qualities
We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated, and ambitious individual to join our small team. We welcome a positive ‘can do’ attitude, someone who is passionate about their work.
We are looking for a reliable team player who can be flexible to fit in with workshops and travel. Someone who has excellent organisational skills and the ability to balance multiple tasks and will thrive in a fast-moving environment with the ability to work both independently and in a team.
As part of our Education team, we are looking for someone who is confident leading workshops with children aged 5-9 and engaging with primary schools and teaching staff.
As we begin to scale and engage with more schools, we need someone who is reliable, organised, and punctual, who can deliver one of the most valuable parts of our programme.
If you are passionate about developing the next generation and want to join our team, please contact us today with a CV, cover letter and application form to email@example.com. The application form can be found here.
If successful, you will initially be invited to interview at Head Office (Swansea), please have available proof of ID and any relevant certificates. An up-to-date DBS Check will be required to deliver on behalf of 2B Enterprising Ltd, but staff will never be left alone with a class (teachers/TAs are required to be present during the delivery session).
Job Types: Freelance
Pay: TBA Depending on experience.